This site is NO LONGER being maintained for the "ALL NEW" site that talks about the new iMovie 11 please visit TheUnofficialiMovieFAQ.com
Sound only comes out of right of left speaker, usually when recording with an external microphone
The quick fix:
- Extract the audio out of the clip
- Open the file in Quicktime Pro
- Export out the audio mono to a new file (File -> Export -> Sound to AIFF) then choose the Mono option
- Delete the extracted sound track by selecting it and hitting "Delete"
- Import this new file in to iMovie by dragging it to the clips pane. It will be placed where your playhead is currently
- Note true stereo is 2 different channels of audio, what you really doing here is mixing the 2 tracks in to one track, then copying them to both tracks. I hope that makes sense.